When your old toaster oven finally gives up the ghost after years of loyal service, You shop around for a while, then finally decide on the Breville BOV800XL Smart Oven 1800-Watt Convection Toaster Oven with Element IQ. You will be so glad to go with this particular oven -- it is one of the wisest purchases you will ever make! If you have other Breville appliances in our home I am sure you have been very happy with them. This toaster oven, like our other Breville products, seems incredibly well-made, and I love that it's not too bulky.
[easyazon_cta add_to_cart="default" align="left" asin="B001L5TVGW" cloaking="default" height="42" key="tall-orange" localization="default" locale="US" nofollow="default" new_window="default" tag="trinitysphere-20" width="120"]
“We are 6 family members so this oven is being put to the test several times a day. It has already cooked at least three frozen pizzas, a handful of waffles, two loaves of bread and our son cooked bacon in it last night! This is all in just one week, and so far it has lived up to its promise of being able to easily shift gears and cook each of these without fail. It is also easy to clean, unlike our old oven.”
The main reason to pick Breville BOV800XL Smart Oven was its versatility. After reading through the various lists of functions for the other ones, this one seems to cover more bases than any of the others in this price range. Here is a quick rundown of the features I think are most important (and impressive):
• Large interior capacity. My kids are able to fit entire frozen pizzas in it! I haven’t measured it myself, but the box it came in gives exterior dimensions of 18.5 x16.25 x11.25.
• This is my favorite feature -- it has a dial with cooking functions, so you don't have to guess for the things that usually don’t have temperature settings on the package, like toast or waffles.
• There are nine and they include toast, pizza, bagel, broil, bake, roast, reheat, cookies and warm.
Breville BOV800XL has the Element IQ function that delivers the right cooking power on all areas of food to adjust taste which it can actually remember. This is a convection oven which ensures that the cooking food is surrounded by hot circulated air and food is cooked even,
• Breville BOV800XL Smart Oven is super easy to clean. It has some sort of non-stick interior that wipes up easily.
• The Smart Oven rack has an auto-eject somewhat like the tray on a CD player, so there is no wrestling with stuck racks and burned hands.
• The display is backlit and tells you in orange that it is preheating and cooking, then turns to blue when it's finished.
. Breville BOV800XL Smart Oven has 9 pre-set functions which include – Toast, Bake, Bagel, Roast, Broil, Pizza, Cookies, Reheat and Warm.
. The walls inside the oven have a non-stick coating making it easy to clean after cooking.
• Breville BOV800XL Smart Oven is also attractive. It doesn't have that seventies-throwback look to it that so many toaster ovens have. It is a brushed stainless steel, so it goes well with our kitchen.
• It includes a crumb catch tray, broiler rack, pizza pan and baking pan that fit perfectly inside.
• This Oven comes with a 1-year limited warranty. The other one I was considering was only 90 days!
. Breville BOV800XL comes with 1800W with 5 quartz heating elements.
. It even has option to convert temperature from Fahrenheit to Celsius if need be.
. The best part is that it has a pull out crumb tray as well.
Now you know why this is a real good buy.
• 9 presets to make cooking the most common foods easier
• Good value for its nice quality
• Easy to clean
• Small footprint
• The finish can be hard to keep clean of greasy fingerprints
• The knobs seem a bit flimsy or wobbly. They haven’t broken or come off yet, but I’m concerned they might at some point.
Overall, I am really impressed with the Breville BO800XL and glad If you chose to purchase it by clicking the link below. Like all appliances, it’s not perfect for everything but it does about 90% really well. It has made it much easier for my family to prepare the foods they want (and teenagers want to eat ALL THE TIME), without me having to stop what I’m doing and cook outside of mealtimes. It offers a lot of nice little features, like the magnetic rack and presets. I think I could recommend this to a friend without hesitation.
Click here for a closer look.