Once the holiday season is over, you won’t be getting enough time with your kids to spend. So, why not invite your kids and teenage children to kitchen. Try making some simple and quick recipes with them that both you and your children can enjoy.
You usually keep your kids away when they are playing because of safety concerns from hot surfaces and knives, hot water or oil. It is up to you how you teach them about kitchen etiquette and techniques that they can safely work in the kitchen and assist you in making meals. And, seriously believe me, nothing can be more rewarding for the parent than spending some high quality time with kids.
And, once your kids are in the kitchen, you will be more than surprised to see how are they just enjoying and loving the entire process of cooking. Children love cracking puzzles and solving riddles, similarly, they will love this whole experience of chopping, cutting, and slicing the ingredients, mixing them together, and making something delicious out of it. This whole process is like putting all the pieces of puzzle together and that is really very exciting for them.
You can try any of your favorite recipe with your kids, but to start with, it is good if you try making something simple and quick, like salad, smoothie, French toast, or omelet. So, what are you waiting for…call the naughtier ones of your house and involve them in making this easy and super yummy Spanish Omelet.
Spanish Omelet Recipe
Finely chopped red, green, and yellow bell pepper 2 tablespoons each
Finely chopped onion 2 tablespoons
Coarsely chopped mushrooms 2 tablespoons
Cooking oil 2 tablespoons
Milk 2 tablespoons
Pepper and salt according to your taste
Cheddar cheese, shredded 1/3 cup
1. Heat 1 tbsp of cooking oil (canola or sunflower oil) in a skillet.
2. Saute onions, mushrooms, and peppers until tender. Keep aside.
3. Beat all the 3 eggs together, add milk, pepper and salt, and beat lightly for a while.
4. Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a flat skillet and pour in the eggs.
5. Let the eggs settle for 20 to 30 seconds, reduce the heat to medium.
6. Spread the sauteed vegetables over the omelet, sprinkle the cheese.
7. Fold the omelet with the aid of a spatula.
8. Do the plating by transferring the omelet to the serving plate and serving it with some freshly cut tomato slices and whole wheat toasted bread slices or dinner rolls.