Everyone has been waiting for the winters to pack its bag and baggage and eagerly waiting for the warmer months of the year to eat, dine, and enjoy. Summer brings a lot of outdoor and indoor fun activities along with it. One of the most popular things to do, whether you are indoors or outdoors is to eat great tasting foods and beverages. familyfriendlyfatburningmeals
Americans are known for their barbecuing skills, and during summer season, folks here love to arrange and organize campfire and barbecue parties during the long weekends. Grilled food can mesmerize even the most pickiest food eater. Freshly grilled chicken with vegetables is the most cherished dish of my family. Not only chicken, grilled beef and bacon also tantalize the taste buds with succulence of soft juicy meat.
If you are a seafood lover and had a nice fishing time during the day, you can grill various sorts of seafood including prawns, lobsters, mussels, and shrimps. Now, when I think about shrimps I remember Boba from the Forest Gump movie always talking about shrimps and its preparation methods.
So, today, I have decided to share with you the most basic and easy shrimp preparation. Since shrimps take hardly any time to cook, you can just put it on the skewers coat them with some seasoning and arrange on the barbecue grill. And, hey in just a matter of couple of minutes your grilled shrimp dish is ready to be served. skinnyliciouscooking
This recipe is ideal for campfire cooking, and you can also make it as a potluck surprise dish to amaze your friends and family members.
- Artichokes 1 can
- Sweet red onion – 1/2 cup chopped
- Sweet red pepper – 1/2 cup chopped
- Green pepper – 1/2 cup chopped
- Boiled whole wheat penne pasta 1 pack
- Chopped basil 1 cup
- Balsamic dressing 1-1/2 cup
- Cumin and chili pd 2 teaspoons as a shrimp marinade
- Salt and pepper according to your taste
- Marinate the shrimps in cumin and chili pd and set aside.
- Arrange the shrimps on skewers through piercing them.
- Ignite the grill, when hot enough, place the shrimp on the grill and cooks each side for 2 minutes.
- Toss your chopped veggies on the grill plate until crisp but not overdone.
- Mix together the boiled pasta, grilled vegetables, and basil.
- Add balsamic dressing to the preparation and toss well.
- Take out the shrimps from the skewers and toss with the preparation.
- Serve it warm or cover it and place in the refrigerator to be served as a cold salad.
So now you all set to enjoy an amazing campfire outing with your favorite food ready to be served. Have this grilled seafood salad with your favorite bottle of wine and set the mood for after-dinner fun. 😉