College life is full of fun and activities. Studies, friends, movies, and the magic of youth. Though student life is all about fun and enjoyment, there are certain limitations all students face during their college years. And, if you live in a hostel or college dormitory, things sometimes get trickier. For instance, cooking your own food. No matter how tastier the college canteen serves you food and how much you enjoy eating out, at some point, you need to cook something on your own. Since cooking is a major stress buster, it often helps in dealing with the anxiety associated with project deadlines, pending assignment, or a typically bad day at school.
Since dormitories have common kitchen appliances used by several other people and you often don’t get easy access to the kitchen, cooking for yourself seems like a distant dream. But, the problem is not too grave to tackle. How about getting your own microwave oven that easily fits in your dorm room and you can use it as and when you require. That sounds perfect.
But what would you buy? With everyday plenty of products being launched in the market, how would you decide on one microwave that meets all your basic needs, fits your pocket as well as space? That’s when browngoodstalk.com comes on the board. Here at BGT, our main aim is to help people make right buying choices when it comes to buying small kitchen appliances. In this article, we’ll be discussing 4 best dorm microwaves, their features, sizes, functionality, and pricing, so that you can make a wise buying decision.
- Interior capacity 0.6 feet with 9.5 inch turntable.
- 600 watts power output
- Lightweight construction with easy grip handle and curved edges, ideal for dorm rooms or small apartments.
- Re-heats dinner plate, warms up your coffee and tea, cooks the personal frozen pizza to perfection.
- Compact, easy to use with dial-in control knobs, and easy to clean.
- No electronic controls to malfunction. No irritating electronic control panel display to disrupt sleep when kept in the dorm room.
- Interior capacity 1.1 cubic feet.
- 1000 watts power output
- Stylish stainless steel construction with grilling feature, grill rack included.
- 10 power levels to grill food to perfection with even browning and succulent interiors
- Performs all basic functions of microwaves including reheating, popcorn, frozen pizza, potatoes, dinner plate, beverage warming and so more.
- Bakes, grills, cooks, and reheats
- Touch button control panel with electronic display
- Interior capacity 1.4 cubic feet
- Elegant stainless steel construction
- 1000 watts power output
- Features one-touch autocook menu – popcorn, baked potatoes, pizza, beverages, and frozen dinners besides reheating
- The soft-touch electronic control panel also comes with cook by weight options and speed defrost.
- Compact and ideal for any office, dorm room, or small kitchen.
- Interior capacity 0.5 cubic feet.
- This little baby has a unique rounded back that lets it fit into the tiniest of the space. Ideal unit for dorm rooms.
- 750 watts of cooking power
- 10 cooking power levels with quick touch popcorn and reheat buttons.
- Though small, it can easily fit a 10-inch dinner plate because of the large turntable that is comparatively larger than other standard comparable microwaves.
- Easy to clean bottom mounted tap touch control with blue LED display.
If you’re buying the microwave for your dorm room, the main things you should keep in mind are – size, wattage, price, durability, and versatility.
Figure out if you’re looking for a smaller microwave or a big one, if price matters or not, if you’re looking for high cooking power microwaves (1000 to 1200) that cook quickly as compared to low to medium cooking power units (600 to 800) that take little extra time.
As far as durability is concerned, it’s always better to go for branded items. Avoid zeroing in on a product that is newly launched in the market. Always go for tried and tested models that have several 4 stars and 5-star reviews on Amazon.
Make sure if you’re looking for a basic unit or a versatile multifunctional microwave that bakes broils, and grills also.
Do you have an elderly parent at home? Are you looking for old-age friendly microwave ovens? Check out our comprehensive article on Microwave ovens for Seniors.
Featured Image by: Prayitno